- Your Behind the Blackboard account will provide you with authenticated access to this site. Any Behind the Blackboard account is able to add comments to pages and post to our discussion forums. To edit and add wiki pages, you must also be tagged as a Blackboard developer. If you would like to identify as a Blackboard developer, please e-mail your Blackboard Client Manager and request developer access for your Behind the Blackboard account.
- Anyone who had an existing account as a Blackboard Developer, Blackboard Sub-Developer, or WebCT PowerLinks DevNet Member has full access to this site. Accounts from the legacy developer network sites have been migrated, and you should have received an e-mail regarding the status of your account. If you did not, please e-mail email@example.com.
- Blackboard Sub-Developer account functionality has been removed. All developers now have full unrestricted access to all of Blackboard's developer resources.
- New developer account requests should be directed to your Blackboard Client Manager. Accounts will be provided to existing Blackboard clients and to partners enrolled in our Blackboard Developers Network program according to our contractual terms. If you do not know who your Client Manager is, please contact your institution's Blackboard System Administrator or primary business relationship owner. He or she will know who to contact.
- To reset forgotten passwords, please visit this link and click the "Forgot your password?" link. A new password will be e-mailed to your account.
- Academic clients should contact their Client Manager for a developer license or questions about developer licensing. Generally, academic clients who license our enterprise software are eligible for one license to our developer software and 25 developer accounts to EduGarage. These accounts allow you to participate in and contribute to the content on the wiki and forum areas of this site as well as access certain developer content that requires a login to access. Additional licenses are available for purchase at this link.
- Commercial entities are invited to join the program and purchase developer licenses at this link.
- If you have lost your license file or require a change in your license, please email the BbDN team.
- The developer license of our software limits the number of users, courses, and enrollments that can exist but otherwise is a fully functional version of the product.
- Hardware recommendations for our developer software
- See our Tutorials section for guidance in how to set up and configure your development environment
- Commercial BbDN members are entitled to 30 days of technical support to assist with the installation of the Learning System product. For assistance, please call our Client Support Team at (888) 788-5264. Have your six-digit company ID ready when you call.
If you believe you've found an issue with our APIs, please follow this process to receive support:
- Post your issue to our discussion forums on this site
- Search the Blackboard Open Source listserv archives and optionally e-mail the listserv regarding your issue
- Open a new case to Behind the Blackboard (or have your Blackboard administrator do this on your behalf)
- E-mail the BbDN team to alert us to the potential issue
If you have an idea to improve or add features to our API set, please follow this process:
- Work with your Blackboard System Administrator to create and document an Enhancement Request through Behind the Blackboard.
- If you do not have a Behind the Blackboard account or the above is not a viable option, post a new feature request to our suggestions page.
- E-mail the BbDN team to alert the Developers Network team to your idea
Building Block or PowerLink issues
Please follow these steps to receive help with a 3rd party Building Block or PowerLink issue
- Submit a help ticket with the vendor
- If the vendor instructs you to submit a help ticket with Blackboard, please work with your Blackboard Administrator to do so on Behind the Blackboard
- Our Support team will attempt to collaborate with the vendor to resolve the issue
- Issues that cannot be resolved are escalated as appropriate via our support process