This line was removed.
This word was removed. This word was added.
This line was added.
Changes (2)View Page History
|This is the Code Quality Initiative homepage. It is under construction. |
This page is under construction.
h3. Why Code Quality Matters
* Your code is your asset
* Keeps your cost down as you grow
* Increase robustness, maintainability, security, performance, scalability, extensibility, etc.
* Prevention is the best medicine
h3. Challenges with Code Quality
* Often talked about in theory but not actually practiced
* Hard to measure or prove
* Difficult to plan and prioritize
h3. Sonar -- Quality Management Platform
* Open source and extensible
* Manages code quality with
** Views of all projects at a glace, drill down to source code, differential, hotspots
** Coding Rules
** Unit Tests
** Standard Metrics
** Time Machine
** Integration with tools such as PMD, Findbugs, Checkstyle, JSLint, Clover, Cobetura, Hudson (many plugins available)
h3. Static Code Analysis (SCA)
* Applies rules to find potential bugs, anti-patterns, and code style violations
* Catches problems as early as possible in the development process
* A well-established industry practice for validating the quality of source code
* Can be automated and tracked by tools like Sonar
* Blackboard Learn custom PMD rules and Sonar Java profile